Monday, November 5, 2012

Effexor (venlafaxine) for Depression

I have been on effexor xr for about 8 years now, I currently am taking 300 mg per day, I tried to commit suicide several times before going on effexor, I had been on so many different antidepressants I thought this was how my life was always going to be my children slowly watching me sleep and then eventually die. The doctor put me on effexor and it was the best thing ever. I've been using 75mg Effexor for 9 weeks now and it has changed my life. I wake up looking forward to the day and can remain focused throughout. I woke up on my 30th Birthday feeling very depressed and could not believe that's how I felt everyday before taking Effexor. My libido is back to where it was a year ago and the only side effect I experience is an upset stomach during very intense work outs. I see a therapist and that too has helped. My wife says I'm now a different person. I ended up in the hospital after drinking a few glasses of wine getting my stomach pumped and extremely out of it. I should have read the side effects of effexor first and I would've known that you should not drink alcohol while being on this medication. My girlfriend has been on Effexor XR for almost seven years now. We just found out two weeks ago she is pregnant. The doctor told her to lower doses from the 300mg she has been on to 150mg then three days later drop to 75mg then three days to 37.5 then your done. Doctor said that there might not even be any withdraws if it is done this way. I wouldn't wish these bad withdraws on anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment